Love this exercise because it does double duty! You will get sculpted, defined arms while you are isometrically toning all the muscles in your upper legs and glutes. If your legs give out first simply stand up and complete your hammer curl reps, if you finish the reps and your legs aren’t fatigued; hold the squat position for another 15 to 30 seconds. Remember good form is key.
Do it Right
- Stand in squat position w/ back flat against wall, feet hips distance apart, knees bent to 90 degrees, abdominals tight, chest lifted
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand w/extended arms, soft elbows & palms facing in toward body
- Exhale & flex elbows to raise dumbbells to shoulder height
- Reverse direction & return to starting position
- Continue until all reps are performed
Demonstrated by: Ryan Meade, Extreme Athlete