From: Chef Olga Sorzano
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped berries
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
Serve with Raspberry coulis (recipe follows)
- In the large bowl mix yogurt and sugar. Fold in chopped berries.
- In a small pan add 1/4 cup water and sprinkle on the 2 teaspoons of gelatin. Let stand until the gelatin softens, about 5 minutes. Gently heat the gelatin on the stove until it just melted. DO NOT BRING TO BOIL!
- In another bowl Whip the egg white until it is foamy then add sugar. Whisk until it form soft peaks.
- Stir the gelatin mixture in to the yogurt. Fold in the egg whites.
- Divide among six to eight 4-ounce ramekins, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours or overnight.
To remove the panna cotta from the ramekin:
- Dip it three-quarters of the way in warm water then invert onto the serving plate.
- Garnish each panna cotta with fresh berries and serve with raspberry coulis.
Fresh Raspberry Coulis:
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- In a food processor puree raspberries. Strain puree through sieve using a rubber spatula discard seeds.