Old World Italian Pizzelles
Makes 30 pizzelles
Great for the Holidays and a perfect “Old World Italian Dessert!” It is my Grandmother’s recipe! You can always double the ingredients and make more!
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon anise seed or extract (optional)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups flour (all purpose)
- ½ cup butter, margarine or oil, melted (1/4 pound)
- ¾ cups sugar
- Beat eggs & sugar.
- Add cooled melted butter or margarine, and vanilla and anise.
- Sift flour and baking powder and add to egg mixture.
- Batter will be stiff enough to be dropped by spoon.
- Batter can be refrigerated to be used at a later time.
- Bake in pizzelle iron for approximately 30 seconds or until crisp.