Roasted Beet Salad with Walnuts and Prunes
From: Chef Olga Sorzano, Yields: 4
- 4 medium beets
- 8 pitted prunes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1-2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon yogurt or sour cream
- Wrap beets in foil
- Bake at 425, about 50 minutes. They should be fork tender when fully cooked through.
- Cool. Peel and chop coarsely.
- Fold in chopped prunes and walnuts.
- In the small bowl mix mayo, yogurt or sour cream with chopped garlic.
- Gently incorporate with the beet mixture.
Be Fit, Be Healthy, Be Happy!