Healthy Eating


single serving size
Mid-Week Make Over Quick Tip: Save Calories & Money Instead of purchasing single serving size snacks simply divide your favorite bag or box of snacks into single serving portions.   What’s a Mid-Week Make Over? Because we believe “Small Changes make a Big Difference,” every week we are going to […]

Save Calories and Money


Salmon & Roasted Artichoke Recipe by: Executive Chef, Ryan Sulikowski, Lotus Farm to Table Makes 4 Download Recipe Ingredients: 4 – 6 oz filet of salmon , skin side down on towel to keep dry 2 global artichokes, cleaned and sliced, holding in lemon water 1 bu broccoli rabe blanched 2 […]

Salmon & Roasted Artichoke


grains
by: Healthy Living Coach, Kerri Roberts Grains are a great source of  nutritional support. Whole grains are one of the best sources of dietary fiber. They are an excellent source of  the B-vitamin complex necessary for healthy nerves. So if you’re nervous, eat up! Most interestingly and importantly because whole […]

Great Grains



healthy food
Mid-Week Make Over Use the 90 / 10 rule to help you eat healthy 90% of the food you eat is healthy nutritious food and the other 10% is your favorite snack!   What’s a Mid-Week Make Over? Because we believe “Small Changes make a Big Difference,” every week we […]

Use the 90 / 10 Rule


Make over your main dish
Mid-Week Make Over Make over your Main Dish Avoid frying, simply bake, roast, broil or poach your entrée.   What’s a Mid-Week Make Over? Because we believe “Small Changes make a Big Difference,” every week we are going to be posting & tweeting simple ideas, tips, tricks, switches or changes […]

Make Over Your Main Dish


jelly beans
Easter is the second biggest candy day of the year Happy Easter!  Did you know that Easter is now the second biggest candy day of the year following a close second to Halloween! Easter Baskets filled with sweet treats have always been a tradition in our home. This year while […]

The Skinny on Easter Candy



ginger and cinnamon
My Friday Fit Tip Fun Fact – Cinnamon and ginger have been shown to reduce post run muscle soreness! Be Fit, Be Healthy, Be Happy!

Cinnamon and Ginger


Open faced sandwich
Mid-Week Make Over Slash calories without even missing them! Eat your sandwich or burger open faced with only 1 slice of bread   What’s a Mid-Week Make Over? Because we believe “Small Changes make a Big Difference,” every week we are going to be posting & tweeting simple ideas, tips, […]

Slash Calories


Roasted Beet Salad
Roasted Beet Salad with Walnuts and Prunes From: Chef Olga Sorzano,  Yields: 4 Download Recipe Ingredients: 4 medium beets 8 pitted prunes, coarsely chopped 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped 1-2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tablespoon mayonnaise 2 tablespoon yogurt or sour cream Directions: Wrap beets in foil […]

Roasted Beet Salad



Tabbouli
< Tabbouli: Mediterranean Parsley Salad From: Executive Chef, Joe Andraos, The Mediterranean Download Recipe Ingredients: ½ cup bulgar 6 medium tomatoes 1 large onion 1 tsp sea salt 2 tsp Middle Eastern mixed spice (or Allspice) 2 tsp sumac 4 bunches parsley ½ cup fresh lemon juice ¼ cup olive oil […]

Tabbouli


cantaloupe
Eat Heart Healthy with these hints and tips Regular exercise, a healthy weight and a healthy lifestyle can do a lot to keep your heart healthy but equally as important is the food you eat. In fact, studies show that a heart healthy diet can reduce your risk of heart […]

Eat Heart Healthy


save calories
What’s a Mid-Week Make Over? Because we believe “Small Changes make a Big Difference,” every week we are going to be posting & tweeting simple ideas, tips, tricks, switches or changes that you can EASILY – and that’s the key – EASILY incorporate into your daily life to be just […]

Save Calories



black bean salad
My Friday Fit Tip Remember exercising AND healthy eating and meal planning go hand in hand in reaching your fitness goals! BE FIT, BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY  

Exercise and Eat Healthy


healthy lunch
What’s a Mid-Week Make Over? Because we believe “Small Changes make a Big Difference,” every week we are going to be posting & tweeting simple ideas, tips, tricks, switches or changes that you can EASILY – and that’s the key – EASILY incorporate into your daily life to be just […]

Healthier Lunches


Eat Healthy Dining Out with these 10 solutions Whether you are on vacation, traveling for business or just enjoying a meal out with family or friends; if you are not careful restaurant meals can sabotage your healthy eating and dieting efforts. We have all been told to pay attention to […]

Eat Healthy Dining Out with these 10 solutions