Shrimp stuffed peppers
By: Executive Chef, Ryan Sulikowski, Lotus Farm to Table
- 2 lb u22-26 shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 lime
- 1 pinch chopped cilantro
- 1 pinch sliced scallion
- 1 pinch sliced chive
- 1 small bunch fermented cucumber, or pickled cucumber as substitute
- 1 T thinly sliced carrot
- 2 T pickled onion, we use a red wine pickle and a turmeric pickle in restaurant
- 2 T sambal
- 4 e cubanelle peppers
- Olive oil & salt to taste
- Toss the shrimp in olive oil and season with salt.
- Grill shrimp on high heat.
- Turn over after 2 minutes or until underside is bright red and has grill marks.
- Continue to grill another 2 minutes or until shrimp is cooked all the way through, and firm to touch.
- Chop the shrimp into smaller pieces.
- In a bowl, mix the shrimp with the sambal, carrot, cilantro, scallion, chive, cucumber, pickled onions, lime zest and lime juice.
- Season with salt to taste, and adjust other ingredients to your liking.
- For the peppers, toss in extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake on a sheet tray in a 300F oven until skin looks dry and pepper is soft to touch, roughly 20 minutes.
- Once peppers have cooled, slice down the pepper from stem to bottom, and remove seeds.
- Fill the pepper with the shrimp mixture.
- Place a little sambal on the plate to hold pepper still.
- Plate pepper and serve.