Chicken tenders, Pepper and Mushrooms with Creamy Mustard Dressing in the Lettuce Boat
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 leaves Romaine lettuce
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Honey Mustard Dressing (recipe follows)
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In the large pan heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken tenders to pan and sauté 7 minutes or until the chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan. Add remaining oil to the same pan and cook mushroom and bell pepper over medium heat for 4-5 min.
To serve place one lettuce leaf on each plate. Divide the chicken tenders and place on top of each leave. Top with the vegetable mixture. Drizzle with creamy mustard dressing.
Creamy Mustard Dressing
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 3 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Chipotle pepper to taste
By: Chef Olga Sorzano