Flounder en Papillote, with Chef Olga Sorzano
Download the Recipe Here (PDF)
* 1 red bell pepper, julienned
* 1 zucchini, julienned
* 1 large carrot, julienned
* 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
* Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 4 (4-ounce) flounder filet
* Juice of one lemon
* 2 tablespoon compound butter (recipe follows)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix together red bell pepper, zucchini and carrot in the bowl. Gently toss with olive, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Lightly brush four large rectangular of parchment paper with olive oil.
Season fish with salt and pepper and place one fish fillet on each piece of paper.
Divide the vegetables in four equal parts and arrange them on top of each filet. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
Top the vegetables with 1/2 tablespoon of compound butter.
Fold the parchment paper over the fish and seal the edges tight.
Bake in the center of the oven until the packets are well puffed and the fish is cooked, about 10-12 minutes.
To serve, cut open the packets and place on a plate.
* 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
* 1 tablespoons fresh parsley
* 1 teaspoon thyme
* 1 teaspoon lemon zest
* 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
* 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
In a mixing bowl using a rubber spatula mix all ingredients.
Place the mixture on a piece of plastic and roll into a log, then twist the ends.
Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to set up.
Can be kept in the freezer for 6 month or for a week in the fridge.
Thanks for another great recipe, Chef Olga!