“My Fitness RX”
Season 1, Episode: Kids & Sports
Welcome to this episode of “My Fitness RX”
My Fitness Rx is a program that makes living healthy fun and exciting, while working it into your current lifestyle. My Fitness RX is unlike any fitness or exercise program available simply because of what it is NOT.
- It’s NOT a weight loss competition.
- It’s NOT a reality show.
- It’s NOT a fitness competition.
- It’s NOT a lifestyle overhaul.
My Fitness Rx shows you how to make small changes in your lifestyle that have huge impacts on your wellness.
Here’s what’s in Episode: Kids & Sports
Sports have always played a major factor in our children’s lives, from Friday Night Lights to pick up games in the park. Even with bumps and bruises our kids love playing their favorite sports. So with all the advances in today’s sports medicine, doctor Jeff Winkley explains why it’s so important for us to make better choices than our parents did when it comes to head injuries, especially concussions. Strength and conditioning coach Eric Miller lays it all out. We’re going to eat healthy with homemade breakfast bars and dare to be great with healthy living coach Edna Valentino There’s a lot going on today on your and My Fitness Rx.
- Young Athletes & Injuries, Jeff Chiappa
- Kids & Sports, Coach Erik Miller
- Workout: 4 exercise circuit, Coach Erik Miller & Collin Munyan
- Concussions – Dr. Geoff Winkley
- Home Made Breakfast Bars by Beth Campbell
- Dare to Be Great – Coach Edna Valentino
Exercise of the Week
- Side Step Up to Reverse Lunges
- Erik Miller, Health, Phys Ed and Strength Coach, Fit-EDU
- Collin Munyan, Athlete
- Dr. Geoff Winkley, Doctor’s Best Immediate Medical Care
- Jeff Chiappa, PT, Synergy Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy
- Beth Campbell, Feats of Real Eats
- Edna Valentino, Healthy Living Coach
Learn about our Team Experts here