Triceps Side Extensions – A great arm toner
The back of your arms can be a challenging area to tone; these side extensions are the perfect alternative to overhead triceps extensions or skull crushers. By simply changing the angle of your arm from the sagittal to the frontal plane you will target the muscles and the way they are being worked just a little differently. Form is key with this exercise – be sure to pay attention to the positioning of your arm with each rep.
Do it Right
- Lie on mat w/ back flat, knees bent, feet on floor, lower back, shoulders & head on floor.
- Grasp dumbbell with an overhand grip, palm facing forward, arm extended toward ceiling w/ shoulder, elbow & wrist in a straight line
- Contract abdominals & lower dumbbell toward opposite shoulder until elbow is at a 90-degree angle
- Exhale & press the dumbbell toward the ceiling keeping elbow soft but fully extended
- Continue lowering and raising the dumbbell until all reps are performed
Demonstrated by: Tanya Stroh