H R Amplitude
Caribbean Callaloo Ingredients:
- 1lb of spinach leaves
- 7 stalks okra (chopped into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 teaspoons salted butter
- 1/4 cup onions (diced)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 stalks green onions (white and green parts, chopped)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (crushed)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
Caribbean Callaloo Directions
- Gather the ingredients.
- Add all ingredients except the pepper sauce and the salt to a large pot.
- Stir to mix.
- Cover and bring to a light boil over medium heat, allowing the callaloo cook for 15 minutes.
- Cover the pot again and allow to cook for an additional 15 minutes or until the ingredients are cooked through and vegetables are very soft.
- Use a swizzle stick or an immersion blender to puree the mixture.
- Add salt to taste, if necessary.
- Pour the soup into bowls and add hot pepper sauce.