Emily & Lyla Allen, Authors, The Kitchen Twins
Makes 4 Burgers
Kale & Quinoa Ingredients:
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 packed cups baby kale
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon picante salt seasoning
- 1/3 cup cheese of choice (we used a mix of asiago, fontina, and provolone)
Kale & Quinoa Directions:
- In a food processor, add all ingredients and blend until the mixture is fully combined.
- Split into 4 parts and form into burger patties using your hands. It helps to cover your hands in water so that they do not stick.
- Heat a lightly greased pan to medium heat.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Then reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for another 7 minutes to ensure that it is cooked through.
Enjoy any way you like it!
Emily & Lyla