Skip to content
Chef Cindy McClure, Classical Cooking
- 1 T Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 C Yellow onion, chopped (1 onion)
- 7 cloves Garlic, chopped
- (optional: add a few carrots for sweetness and removes some of the acid)
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, plum tomatoes in puree, chopped or use your frozen tomatoes
- 1/2 CbRed wine
- 1 T Flat-leaf parsley chopped fresh
- 1 T Basil (oregano if desired) chopped fresh
- 1 1/2 t Kosher Salt
- 1 t Crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 t Ground black pepper, fresh
- If using canned tomato product pour into bowl and crush tomatoes with your hands. Reserve
- In the pot that you will be cooking the sauce in, add the EVOO, Onion, Garlic, (carrot if desired)
- Sauté over medium heat. When garlic sizzling (do not brown), add tomatoes, some water ½ c.
- Add seasonings (parsley, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt. Stir.
- Place the basil in leaves on the top of the sauce. Taste, Adjust, Taste.
- Cook over medium heat for 15-30 minutes.