Chef Jason Brown, Food Stylist
Quesadillas are great because you can pretty much create your own culinary masterpiece. Whether it is plain cheese, ground beef or grilled shrimp, as long as you have a tortilla, shredded cheese and some salsa you can make a great lunch or dinner. In this demonstration we took our Sunday pot roast that was left over and shredded it and made a beef quesadilla. This a great way to have one meal turn into two and having totally different flavor profiles.
- 1 cup shredded pot roast (season with taco seasoning and or chili powder & cumin)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup diced tomato or salsa
- ½ avocado (sliced)
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Heat pot roast on a pre-heated griddle (350F)
- Place tortilla on a griddle next to beef
- Add cheese to tortilla and let melt about 3 minutes
- Add beef to half of the tortilla and spread evenly
- Place salsa, avocado and cilantro on top of beef and fold tortilla make a half circle. Flip and let crisp for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from griddle and slice into 4-6 wedges
- Serve with sour cream or zesty ranch