White Bean Salad
Cannellini Beans are meatier than navy or great northern beans, they have a nutty, earthy flavor and tender flesh, and are often used in Italian dishes like Minestrone. They retain their shape and texture well, so they’re perfect to use in salads, soups, stews, and chili.
- 1 can Cannellini Beans
- Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 T chopped parsley
- 4 C arugula or lettuce of your choice
- 1 t crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c EVOO
- 3 T lemon juice, fresh best Candied walnuts to garnish
White Bean Salad Directions
1. Wash lettuce
2. In a bowl add washed cannellini beans, EVOO, lemon, garlic, parsley and seasonings. Mix well.
3. Place lettuce on plate and top with bean mixture.
4. Serve with Italian garlic toast
By: Chef Cindy McClure, Classical Cooking